Hurt in a car or workplace accident? We can help.
Massage Addict Winnipeg St. Vital now offers direct billing to Manitoba Public Insurance (MPI) and Manitoba Worker’s Compensation Board (WCB) for Chiropractic Care. The below information will help you understand the process and the steps you need to take to receive your claim number from the applicable insurance agency in order to receive chiropractic car after a workplace accident or a car accident. We’ll make it as easy as we can to get you on the road to recovery.
If you already have your claim number from the MPI or WCB, call our clinic now to book an appointment
Step by Step!
- If you are involved in a car accident or a workplace accident, the first step is to report your injury (often referred to as ‘making a claim’) directly to MPI (automobile) or WCB (workplace injury).
- a. To contact MPI please call: 1-800-665-2410, 9 am–5 pm, Mon-Fri.
- b. To contact WCB please call: 204-954-4321 or 1-855-954-4321, 8 am–7 pm, Mon–Fri
- Once your case has been reviewed and approved you will be given a claim number.
- a. For WCB, once you have been given a claim number, communicate to them the Massage Addict clinic where you would like to receive your treatment. WCB will send your claim information directly to your chosen clinic. As soon as you have your claim number you can call the Massage Addict clinic to book your first appointment (you do not need to wait for the Massage Addict clinic of choice to receive your information from the WCB).
- b. For MPI, simply call a Massage Addict clinic with your MPI claim number to book your first appointment.
- Prior to or during your first appointment all necessary forms for your Massage Addict profile will need to be completed, including credit card authorization should your claim be denied.
- Our Licensed Chiropractors will develop a Treatment Plan to help you recover from your injury.
- For each treatment Massage Addict will directly bill the insurance agency applicable in your case (MPI or WCB).
Workers Compensation Board (WCB)
The Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba (WCB) is an insurance agency funded through employer premiums for workplace injuries and/or disability. Both you and your employer will need to make an injury claim directly with WCB.
To contact WCB please call: 204-954-4321 or 1-855-954-4321, 8 am–7 pm, Mon–Fri.
Manitoba Public Insurance (MPI)
Manitoba Public Insurance (MPI) is Manitoba’s provincial vehicle insurance company. All residents of Manitoba who are injured in a car accident and require chiropractic care treatments to aide in recovery, are fairly compensated by MPI.
To contact MPI please call: 1-800-665-2410, 9 am–5 pm, Mon-Fri.
Chiropractic Care After a Car/Auto Accident
One of the most common car accident-related injuries is whiplash. Whiplash is a neck injury that occurs most commonly when a person is involved in a rear impact car accident and can lead to numerous related problems including neurological dysfunction such as headaches, chronic pain, joint dysfunction, and more. Often Chiropractic treatment for whiplash is recommended for recovery. Our Licensed Chiropractors can help you recover from non-surgical spine injuries, including whiplash, with individualized chiropractic care treatments.
A:To get a claim number from either MPI or WCB you must first ‘make a claim’. To do this simply report your injury directly to MPI (automobile) or WCB (work injury). Once your claim has been reviewed a claim number will be issued and given to you. To contact MPI please call: 1-800-665-2410, 9 am–5 pm, Mon-Fri. To contact WCB please call: 204-954-4321 or 1-855-954-4321, 8 am–7 pm, Mon–Fri
A:Yes – provided you have an approved claim number. For each treatment Massage Addict will directly bill MPI or WCB.
A:You may schedule an appointment in advance with Massage Addict, but in order to receive re-imbursement from MPI or WCB, you must have a claim number from either MPI or WCB before the appointment takes place.