Massage Intern Program (BC only)
Get hand-on experience in a massage-centric multidisciplinary clinic.
The Massage Addict Massage Intern Program is a short-term relationship between you, a fully graduated Massage Therapy student who is waiting to write their CMTBC Provincial Board Exams (Massage Intern) and an experienced Registered Massage Therapist (Mentor) who provides individualized attention to your learning needs and gives you feedback regarding your performance, such as setting priorities, time management, and client care. Internship Programs are recognized as a best practice in clinical education for students preparing to enter a healthcare profession.
This program is designed for Massage Therapy students wishing to expand their scope of knowledge in how to work in a collaborative healthcare clinic environment, and to achieve competence and confidence in providing the best possible care to clients.
What we offer the Massage Therapy Intern:
- Flexible, predictable income while getting hands-on clinical experience
- Per treatment rate $35 + 100% gratuities
- Full-service clinic: The student will not do admin or laundry
- All supplies provided
- Massage-centric multidisciplinary practice
- Mentoring and exam prep
- Business and administrative training
- Commitment: No set commitment time. You will have the option to join our team as a Massage Intern, Guest Service Administrator (different compensation plan), or both. When you work with us, you can know that we will take care of you after graduation as well, as we offer competitive offers of a guaranteed full-time placement conditional on successfully passing the CMTBC Board Exams.
How the Program Works
We’ve designed this program to allow you to experience all facets of practicing within a collaborative healthcare clinic.
The program will allow you to:
- Bridge the employment gap between finishing school and successful completion of the board exams
- Learn how to conduct yourself and thrive in a multidisciplinary practice
- Receive hands-on clinical experience with exposure to different modalities and practitioner styles
- Get Mentoring and exam prep based on your specific needs
- Be provided with Business/Administrative coaching for you to gain a better understanding of the complexities of administration in a massage therapy practice
- Take advantage of a possible opportunity to join our team full-time after successful completion of your board exams, guaranteed by a conditional offer of employment
The Massage Addict Experience
Our massage-focused clinics offer a dynamic, positive, team-oriented atmosphere where peers are encouraged to share their knowledge and cross promote their expertise. You will be surrounded by a supportive team of fellow RMTs, both new and well-tenured, in a nurturing and professional environment that is dedicated to supporting you and your career. You will also work alongside Chiropractors, Acupuncturists, Reflexologists, Guest Service Associates and a Corporate RMT, who together help elevate our clients’ in-clinic experience. Team building events that recognize achievements and special occasions are part of the Massage Addict culture so be prepared to celebrate all that you and your team do!
To learn more about our Massage Intern Program, or arrange a clinic tour, please contact us at email@example.com.